Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

DIY Lighted Makeup Mirror

Just had a little DIY project last Sunday. It's very fine. A DIY lighted makeup mirror.

I always wanted to have one since.... hmm~ since I saw it from TV? hehehe... it's adorable. I mean which girl doesn't want to have her own makeup desk. So then, I have been looking around for such a mirror quite sometimes. But hardly see one... in Malaysia.

Once a friend who gonna go Austin for a business trip and vacation, I nearly asked him to help me buy one. But after doing some research about prices on such product online, knowing that such kind of mirror is extremely expensive, nearly thousand plus Ringgit Malaysia. So then, I decided to make my own lighted makeup mirror.


Several researches has been done of cause although I studied electronics, but I never done one real electrical project before. Please be reminded to take precaution steps for you want to start doing any electrical project which is connect to AC, which I forgotten to. Thank God I'm still alive. Because I just simply connect the wire, plug and the circular bulb straight to the AC. So then, the bulb burnt up. :P


Here, below is diagram of the connection for the project.




Depending on the voltage of the bulb you want to use. Here I bought a 32W circular bulb. So the ballast that I need must be that of tranform AC to 32W, else your bulb will be burnt. And of cause you will need a starter. Just follow strictly on the instruction printed on the ballast on the connection.



After I connected all the components.
Viola...

5 comments:

  1. i was expecting a bigger mirror...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... ya... supposed to be using bigger mirror, but the bigger cirular bulb has burst up during first trial, but the second one success, so just bought a smaller mirror to pair with the smaller circular bulb lo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really insightful.
    Thanks for the info.
    Wanna have more contents from you.
    Cheers
    BTW if anyone interested more have a look Read More thanks

    ReplyDelete